Tuesday, February 24, 2009

ONE HUNDRED SEVEN PAGES

The milestone I hit this morning was to finish writing, spell check, and print out chapter nine, bringing me to a whopping 107 page manuscript so far.

The other cool thing is that about two years ago, while I was working up the preliminary material for this book, I jotted down some notes on a passage I wanted to include--snippets of dialogue and the like.

And then it sat in the background folder for two years.

But today I hit the part where those notes made sense, so I wrote them into the book--finally. That was fun because, even though I punched it up some as I wrote,
I was always sure it would be a funny section and it still seems to work.

I feel that I am still about roughly halfway through the first draft.

Not bad for just over seven weeks.

I feel just a bit ahead of schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment