Monday, January 5, 2009

WELCOME

Hello. As the description above indicates, this blog will be a chronicle of my journey through my composition of a young adult novel entitled School Spirit. This is not the first book I've written, however. I wrote a non-fiction teaching methods book entitled You're a Teacher. . .So Act Like One! Improving Your Stage Presence in the Classroom, which I self-published through iUniverse. I also wrote a mystery novel called Bad Moon Rising, which was mostly my education in how to write (and submit) fiction. Finally, I wrote my first "real" book, a young adult novel entitled Godtalk, which has come the closest to seeing the light of day. Four or five big time New York agents have read the entire manuscript and said very nice things about the book (and my writing), but so far no one has been willing to commit to representation. The most common feedback I've received is that Godtalk is "too religious." Mainly, what Godtalk has taught me is that although I can write well enough to be published, my first time out of the gate may just not be with that book.

Consequently, it's time to go back to the keyboard and try again with School Spirit.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment