Friday, January 16, 2009

STATUS CHECK

Disclaimer: This post is about quantity, not quality. Let's remember that, shall we?

My goal, as you may recall, was 500 w0rds a day and/or 2 pages a day, for a total of 10 pages per week. At the end of the first week, though, I neglected to check my progress. I just didn't think of it for some reason.

But today is the end of week 2. I figured I should have written about 20 pages, and that sounds pretty good to me.

If you include--and why wouldn't you?--the four pages (double-spaced) at the beginning that I was calling a prologue (and now think of more as a warm-up, really, that I already know I won't be using), then my two week total comes to 25 pages. Even without that, we'll call it 21 pages.

Still over the goal.

Twenty-five pages in two weeks, baby.

Not too shabby.


Note: In a related issue, my daily goal has been 500 words. Today I managed a longer writing session than usual--it ended up being about fifty minutes--and when I did the word count at the end, I was pleasantly surprised.

Final count: 1,812 words. Over three times my goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment