Wednesday, May 27, 2009

DENOUEMENT. . .WHATEVER THAT MEANS

I was so excited this weekend because I knew that I had only two chapters left in School Spirit and I knew what was going to happen and I couldn't wait to get to the keyboard. It was especially difficult to withstand the excitement, though, as Monday was a holiday.

Chapter 19 would be comprised of two scenes: 1) the end of the climactic car chase and 2) the main character saying good-bye for all time to his ghost girlfriend. On Tuesday I wrote scene one and today I wrote scene two. Today's writing was very sad, actually. Finally, I spell-checked and printed up chapter 19, hole-punched it, and added it to the blue notebook.

That leaves Chapter 20, also slated to be comprised of two scenes. I expect it to take two days (one scene each day--Thursday and Friday) and then I will enjoy, as I have five other times in my life, typing the words "The End."

And then my work will be roughly 35% done.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment