Wednesday, April 22, 2009

SPRING BREAK AND BEYOND

Intending to get some work done on the novel, I lugged my school laptop home over our two week Spring Break. At the time, I was in the middle of Chapter 12, where Drew and his best friend Ben visit the makeshift shrine people constructed in honor of Drew's dead girlfriend. The shrine is situated at the guardrail where her car went over and into the canyon.

Even though it was a basically leisurely and relaxing Spring Break, I took the laptop out only once and cleaned up a little bit of what was already written. Consequently, I lost about two weeks of writing time.

Today is our third day back from vacation and, although I didn't write Monday in deference to preparing for teaching re-entry, I did write yesterday and today, finishing and printing chapter 12.

The manuscript is now at a respectable 138 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment